Land of a thousand lakes
- You are on the shore of LakeRuostejärvi. What can you hear? Can you hear the sound of water? Can you hear the wail of a black-throated loon or other bird sounds? Close your eyes and listen.
- According to studies, birdsong and the sounds of water are soothing to the human mind. In the hustle and bustle of everyday life, you do not always have time to properly listen and hear. It is, however, important to stop and listen.
- Can you find forest flowers around you? Can you find a marsh Labrador tea (Rhododendron tomentosum), a wood sorrel (Oxalis acetosella), and a bilberry flower (Vaccinium myrtillus)? Do you recognise the scent of a marsh Labrador tea (Rhododendron tomentosum)?
- Natural flowers are vital for many insects. Natural plants also offer food and eye candy for people. Please eat only plants that you recognise as edible!
We sit around a camp fire in a forest
- You have arrived at a rest point. Do you have enough patience to stop for a while, light the campfire and calm down?
- Watching and listening to a fire in silence, whether alone or together with other people, calms your mind and creates a sense of belonging together, both with nature and with other people.
- Visit the ridge between Lake Leppilammi and Lake Ruostejärvi. Ridges attract people in a natural way. The lake view opening on both sides of the ridge pleases the eye.
- A beautiful natural landscape creates a sense of enchantment, which helps you to distance yourself from the hustle and bustle of everyday life.
By the stump of a spruce in a deep forest
- You have arrived in a spruce forest after a pine forest. Step into the forest from the path and sit down on a mossy tree stump. Do you think fairies and elves live under the stump?
- In nature, you are free to create your own story. Look around you, let your imagination fly and be a part of nature.
A stream burbled and burbled
- A stream is flowing next to the path. Step beside the stream, listen and watch the water burble.
- Flowing water is enchanting. The joyous sounds of a flowing stream and watching water jump between the rocks makes you happy and calm.