Vojakkala is one of the oldest villages in Loppi. It was built on the waterfront landscape of Lake Kaartjärvi probably as early as the 13th century. The magnificent main buildings of the village estates have been built on their current model by the beginning of the 20th century, and the village centre has been noted as a built cultural environment of national importance.
In Vojakkala, villagers are active and do a lot of voluntary work. The exceptional conditions will affect the summer 2020 program.
Refresh in Vojakkala!
On the Vojakkala Stage (adress Vojakkalantie 113, Loppi Vojakkala)
- Traditional dances on summer Saturdays from early June to mid-August
- Dance hours, i.e. stage dancing atmosphere without a pair, on Friday nights from mid-May to mid-September
- The stage also hosts summer parties, a co-singing session and a super-popular flea market
- Outdoor fitness equipment freely available, playing field at parking lot
At the village house (os. Vojakkalantie 56, Loppi Vojakkala)
- Comfortable meeting and club facilities, village library
- Sunday coffees from October to Mother's Day, and during winter recreational and club activities every week
- Welfare up close; service days once a month, entrepreneurs by appointment
The Vojakkala stage and the village house can also be rented for private events.
Reservations and inquiries 045 176 8545.
Activities are organised in cooperation by Vojakkalan Valpas ry and Vojakkalalaiset ry.
There are also good opportunities for outdoor activities in the village. The rural landscape on the shores of Lake Kaartjärvi can be admired from Haudanmäki, next to the dance stage. A favourite of families with children is a low beach with a long platform on the shores of Lake Kaartjärvi. Hämeen Ilvesreitti route can be accessed e.g. from Kalaton, there are also ponds with clear water for recreation.