TORRO - A village more than just a swamp
You'll find the village of Torro on the sunny side of Torronsuo National Park. The small but active Torro is home to about 120 permanent residents, as well as a lot of cottagers, in a valuable cultural setting.
Come experience Torro:
- The atmosphere of the Torronsuo National Park and the village road.
- Skiing in freezing night's moonlight or to the skiing café. More than 20 km ski track network is operated by Torro Society with voluntary work
- A summer theatre with live music in the farm yard district, where villagers perform plays written by Turkka Mali.
- Spiritual masses and concerts in the atmospheric chapel. The historic belltower rings communion bells. You can also rent a chapel for weddings or christening.
- Hunting Society Orava's fishing competition in Lake Haiponjärvi in June.
Welcome to Torro!