Riihimäki summer trot race
The purpose of the Riihimäki Trot Raicing Club is to maintain and promote trot horse racing, to guide the common efforts of drivers in the area and to promote the development of racing horses. The club's most important task is to organize trotting competitions.
The Trot Race Club was founded in 1928. The first races were held a couple of weeks after the founding meeting of the club, on January 15, 1928 on the ice of Lake Paalijärvi. At the current location, the first races were on August 24, 1928.
An important year in the history of the club is 1956, when the King's Healing was organized in Riihimäki. They were also historic in the sense that the royal king Suhina was crowned king. About 6,000 people visited the King's trots on Saturday and 15,000 on Sunday, including President Urho Kekkonen.
In 1948 a wooden seating stand was built on the track. The present stadium was completed in 1983. The Judge's Tower was built in 2005.